||In a competitive environment, how enterprises keep their advantages is becoming more and more significant. From many theoretical and practical researches, employees seem to be the key resource in a working place, which means to have a proper worker in a right position. However, some enterprises do not have a great understanding of making a good use of human resource to make things go smoothly and effectively.|
Thus this essay emphasizes on the issue of Manpower Inventory by interviewing eight enterprises. I analyzed the results from these eight enterprises to obtain the similarities and dissimilarities of using Manpower Inventory, like background, purpose, and goal. I hope this research will be a useful reference for all the enterprises. I highlighted the major points below:
1. These eight enterprises have different backgrounds and purses but all are willing to have a change to make a good use of human resource by using Manpower Inventory.
2. Manpower Inventory can be distinguished into regularity and particularity. The former one means to put manpower inventory in routine, in other words, to have manpower inventory regularly. The later, particular inventory will be brought up when the organization probably needs it.
3. Quantity inventory depending on the qualities of employees has different inventory means. Generally speaking, however, multi-index is the better method. Skill inventory is supposed to have some related aids to promote workers’ special skills.
4. Manpower Inventory is connected with working achievement, resigning improper employees and promoting proper employees, to make the company stay strong and effective. Adjusting by the entire environment is the key to gain effects.
5. Manpower policy depends on the predictable produce. When the shortage of employees happens in a short term, asking for more hours working, taking shift turns or having helpers from outsider, can solve the problem. On the other hand, when a company has a quilter business, some workers might be asked to have days off without getting paid or even be let go.
6. Human resource department is supposed to follow the future development and find the solutions for the predictable problems. However, planning cannot always follow the changes. Being flexible and having well communication, therefore, will be the best way to untangle unexpected problems and achieve manpower inventory plan.