||In response to the global trends in telecommunication liberalization trend, Taiwan's Ministry of Transportation adopted three sequential stages push open the telecommunication market from which Chunghwa Telecom monopolized the market, into the competitive Red Sea battleground.|
The telecommunication companies in Taiwan offer mobile phone 4G service since May, 2014. The number of 4G subscribers was 13.4563 million, which Chunghwa Telecom had 5.2072 million and its’ market share was 38.70% (ranked first). The motivation for the research is whether Chunghwa Telecom could still continue to have a leading market share of 4G throne?
The subjects of the research are Chunghwa Telecom's mobile subscribers in Kaohsiung city who have used the mobile phone 4G Internet service. The research infrastructure applies the theoretical framework of service marketing mix 7P, and ‘‘service quality gap model’’ of the gap five which Parasuraman et al (1985) proposed.
The objective of the research is to analyze customer’s expectation before experiencing service(E：Expectation), customer’s satisfaction afterwards(P：Perception), and the gap between customer’s expectation as well as customer satisfaction(P-E), in order to explore the mobile phone internet service quality, customer satisfaction and customer loyalty of the study.
In this research, the empirical results are as follows:
1. Of the service marketing mix facets, customers have higher degree of expectation for people, products, and channel.
2. Of the service marketing mix facets, customers have higher degree of satisfaction with physical evidence, people, and channel. Nevertheless, customers have lower degree of satisfaction with promotion and price.
3. Of the service marketing mix facets, the gap between customer’s expectation and customer satisfaction(P-E) of physical evidence, people, and channel is narrower. Nevertheless, the gap(P-E) of promotion, price, and products is wider.
4. The customer loyalty of Chunghwa Telecom's 4G mobile subscribers rates 3.43.
5. There is no significant difference in the gap between customer’s expectation and customer satisfaction(P-E) among the groups of customers with different demographic variables.
6. There is significant difference in the customer loyalty among the groups of customers with different occupation and others, others have no significant difference.
7. Customer satisfaction and customer loyalty have a high degree of linear correlation, as well as significant positive impact. Nevertheless, the gap between customer’s expectation and customer satisfaction(P-E) as well as customer loyalty have partial linear correlation, but there is no significant positive impact Overall.