|Author's Email Address
||This thesis had been viewed 5562 times. Download 84 times.|
|Type of Document
||Information Systems Integration Management of Transnational Merger and Acquisition|
|Date of Defense
||critical success factors
information systems integration
transnational information system
mergers and acquisitions
||Information systems integration in mergers and acquisitions becomes increasingly important as the need for instantaneous information is growing. Mergers and acquisitions may disrupt the operations of the organizations involved. Major issues include the need to integrate business processes, information systems, and diverse information technologies across the merging organizations.|
The main purpose of this research is to investigate the integration and management of the transnational information systems. By participative study, the procedure of enterprises merge and the integration of the information systems was observed.
From this case study, some important conclusions are as follows:
1. The cost of transnational project is much more expensive than internal project.
2. The key success factors of IT integration include:
(1) Cover the original system's specifications to meet the operational requirements.
(2) The preparation and tests of new computer system must be completed and flawless before formal merger.
(3) Should consider long-term benefits.
(4) The support from top management must be sufficient.
(5) Staffs from different departments should work as a team.
3. The new system should be able to cover the original system's specifications to meet the requirements for the merged company. Therefore, the compatibility of different systems' specifications is a critical factor of successfully translating the information systems.
||Feng-Yang Kuo - chair|
Jeng,Yih - co-chair
Hsin-Hui Lin - advisor
Indicate in-campus at 5 year and off-campus access at 5 year.|
|Date of Submission