|Author's Email Address
||This thesis had been viewed 5369 times. Download 7584 times.|
||Human Resource Management|
|Type of Document
||The relationship of the technology specified, knowledge management, global configurations strategy of MNCs.|
|Date of Defense
||Local for local innovation
Technology readiness index
International Organization For Standardization
Huram Resource Management
||With continuous development, businesses cannot restrict to only one country or area. Establishing operation or production centers across the sea is the most important factor for businesses to live permanently. Thus, many large-scale companies become multinational corporations to integrate global resources and create the most powerful synergy. With this change, those corporations also strengthen their competitiveness in the market. It is the most obvious phenomenon after the 20th century that multinational or multi-national corporations rapidly expand by the work of value chain of their oversea subsidiary companies.|
Many researches show that enterprises benefited a lot from successfully practice Knowledge Management (KM). KM does not success in the enterprise just only spending a fortune, purchasing and using KM software; it also depends on coordinating enterprise’s culture and resources, carrying out the KM plan systematically and progressively to establish a climate of KM among all employers.
Many companies practice ISO quality management system (the ISO) before KM. The ISO makes all explicit knowledge and tacit knowledge into formal papers and documents and easy to arrange. Thus, the ISO lays a conceptual and systematic foundation KM and makes the enterprise practice KM more easily.
This research to discuss the relation between KM activities and global disposition strategies of MNCs. It contents analysis of KM topics by the view of technology mature degree, the relation between the ISO and KM, the relation between roles of Human Resources Management and the activities of value chain of its oversea subsidiary companies under different Knowledge Innovation strategies, and the relation between KM and strategies of global resources disposition under different technology mature degree. Following are the conclusions of this research:
1. Companies belong to low degree of technology maturity should use dispersal strategies of global resources disposition).
2. All companies should emphasize ”sharing” no matter they belong to which degree of technology maturity.
3. Knowledge processing should match the company’s KM system.
4. High response knowledge innovation strategy benefits the activities of value chain of oversea subsidiary companies.
5. Coordinate and control roles of Human Resource Management is more and more important when the company uses local for local innovation strategy of knowledge innovation.
6. Companies practice the ISO benefit to knowledge transfer.
According to the conclusions above, there are some suggestions to businesses:
1. To build up the Software System of KM that meets the company’s needs.
2. To develop professional KM manager.
3. To set up the concept of ”employees’ knowledge is a big fortune”.
4. To establish the culture of “sharing”.
5. To make good use of the ISO.
6. To integrate strategies of global resources disposition and KM.
7. To play different roles of Human Resource Management when come across different KM activities.
||none - chair|
none - co-chair
none - advisor
indicate access worldwide|
|Date of Submission