||No matter how many points of view about the word of “leadership”, the constant components will contain three components: the supervisors, subordinates, and how interaction relations between the supervisors and subordinates. |
LEADER-MEMBER EXCHANGE (LMX THEORY) –Often organizational researches have described the relationship between supervisors and subordinates in terms of it. Research has given that relationship considerable attention. In essence, LMX theory indicates the possibility that supervisors develop different forms of exchange relationships with their subordinates. LMX is the western theory, the development until now is the nearly 30 years. This model points that leaders do not use the same style or set of behaviors uniformly across all members or subordinates; instead, unique relationships or exchange develop with each member. High quality LMXs(referred to as “in-group” exchanges in this model) are characterized by mutual trust and support, whereas low-quality LMXs(referred to as”out-group”exchanges) are based on simply fulfilling the employment contract. The purpose of this article is to focus on one individual characteristic or behavior, ingratiation that may be important to LMX development. Moreover, based on the view of impression management, we categorized the targets of employees’ organizational citizenship behaviors into job, organization, coworkers and supervisors.
A questionnaire investigation was adopted in this research. Accessible population targeted on companies defined as honorary trainers of SMEs by Small and Medium Enterprise Administration in Ministry of Economic Affairs. There’re 500 questionnaires totally set out of which 301samples are effective samples. Exploratory factor analysis, multiple regression analysis, Pearson Analysis etc.are applied in the analysis and the result is as the below:
1. Among ingratiation, value and LMX presents positive influence.
2. Between LMX and Organization citizenship behavior presents positive influence.
3. Between ingratiation and Organization citizenship behavior presents positive influence.
4. Between value and Organization citizenship behavior presents positive influence.
5. Ingratiation will affect Organization citizenship behavior with LMX as mediating variables.
6. Value will affect Organization citizenship behavior with LMX as mediating variables.