In recent years, many enterprises’ organization structure were toward gradually to the ‘flat’ from pyramid-like hierarchical system for avoiding slowdown in transmitting information and implementing any decision, and tended to have teamwork instead of individual workforce, from those employees gained more power to involve in the organization decision. And, such trend led to the increase of interaction and reliance on each member or divisions of organization.
Yet, the increment of job overlap meant overlap in job performance, the manner of ‘selfish’ human beings have plus independence of individual job triggered the fight of power and benefits, the political behaviors, ‘contending prize shifting blame’, were emerged from “employee-employee” even “employee-supervisor”. Perceptions of organizational politics are engaged in research in employee’s feeling about the political behaviors in his working environment.
For years, there’re various definitions about organizational politics proposed by researchers in this field, organizational politic behaviors as well. In running business, employees are required good job attitude by employer, but on the other hand, employees are accompanied the rising of political behaviors in organization. What environment would result in action taken by people ‘perception of fact’, not ‘truth of fact’, after all, what consequence would it be taken? That’s worthy of consideration.
The mainframe of this research is based on the variables of perceptions of organizational politics model proposed by Ferris et al (1989), the domestic public、private enterprises are the examined objects, studying the variables influence on perceptions of organizational politics, and the difference between public and private employees to perceptions of organizational politics.
Issued 3651 questionnaire, the sample consisted of 2306 employee; the collecting rate reached 63.16% The data being examined by statistic method as variance analysis, Pearson’s r, correlation analysis, multiple linear regression analysis etc., and the findings are as follow:
一. Through exploratory study, three dimensions were contributed to perceptions of organizational politics:
1. Employee and Supervisor behavior
2. The range between policy and practice
3. Keeping silence for advantage
二. The difference found by individual variables in perceptions of organizational politics:
1. Significant difference was found in Age、education、working tenure and the tenure with supervisor.
2. Significant difference was found in job ranks for both perceptions of organizational politics and three dimensions.
3. Significant difference was found in the employees of public、private organization；The public employees have higher perceptions than privates’.
三. The examining finding on influence hypothesis：by multiple linear regression analysis；
1. In individual factors, significant influence was found in the personality characteristics of employees of public、private organization for both perceptions of organizational politics and each dimension.
2. In working environment, negative influence was found in the promotion opportunity of public、private organization for both perceptions of organizational politics and each dimension.
3. In organization factors, negative influence was found in job rank、organization professionalization、democratization for private employees in the perceptions of organizational politics, but no effect on public employees.
4. The variables to the variance explanation of whole explanation of perceptions of organizational politics, the public organization could be reached to 42.60%； 41.40% to private organization.
This research indicated that there’re some degrees of difference on the influence of perceptions of organizational politics at individual、organization and environment factors of public、private organization, after empirical studies, knowing there’re vary personality characteristics in individual factors、vary organization structure and difference of job characteristics, more significance in respective degree, more influence in the existence of perceptions of organizational politics, therefore, understanding more respective existent contributory factors of perceptions of organizational politics, helping enterprises more in finding right person to right place, and employee could find suitable enterprise to develop his expertise for mutual great advantage, that’s the ultimate goal human resource management implemented eventally.