||Recently, Industrial structure have changed﹐in 2013 government agencies revised Occupational Safety and Health Act in order to enhance characters and duties of Occupational Safety and Hygiene Officer. Although Government have implemented occupational safety and health act policy, occupational hazards and accidents constantly increased, accidental injury of labors still remaining. Especially, construction industry has the highest occupational hazards.|
Occupational Safety and Hygiene Officer still need to strength their patterns and professional status, clear distinction between responsibility and accountability, take safety as the highest principle.
The purpose of this thesis is to develop Occupational Safety and Hygiene Officer’s core occupational competence, arrange both domestic and foreign literature related to core occupational competence. Integrated ideas from industry, official and university, in order to analyze core occupation. The results come up with two aspects: Occupational Safety and Hygiene Officer’s recessive core occupational cognition and explicit core occupational formation, this contain six orientations and twenty-two professional ability elements as below：
1. Self-concept cognition: self-confidence, self-reflection, positive attitude, self
2. expectation, flexibility.
3. Interpersonal skills: coordinate behavior, positive and enthusiastic attitude, interpersonal interaction, functional conflict, empathy, partnerships.
4. Core value: creativity, execution, professional competence, performance-oriented.
5. Professional knowledge and skills: knowledge and skills for safety and hygiene, strategy for learning safety and hygiene.
6. Workplace management ability: safety and hygiene control capacity, supervision and counseling strategies for safety and hygiene, execute judgment authority for safety and hygiene.
7. Change management ability: Unify and plan for safety and hygiene, crisis management capacity.
This research focuses on occupational safety and hygiene officer’s core competence, role position and function in construction site. Hope this result of this research will improve core competence role patterns and responsibilities of occupational safety and hygiene officer in public construction site.
Keywords：Occupational Safety and Hygiene Officer, Occupational Safety and Health, Core Competence, Occupational Hazards, Public Construction