||The urbanized congregate housing and commercial buildings have long developed towards the super high-rise, enlarged and complex composition. The application, identification, usage and administration of such buildings are more complicated than general buildings; so too the fire facilities, organization, training, operation and management. Such tendency of development on super high-rise and large buildings is evident everywhere in various cities. In the area of fire prevention, there will be greater challenges. The general public remains ignorant about disaster prevention, while government authorities do not integrate and enhance regulation on categorization and identification of construction for super high-rise buildings with different applications and scales. Without accumulating our capabilities for fire prevention, it is likely incur the loss of countless lives and property in general buildings when disaster occurs.|
Since the implementation of the fire administration system in Taiwan from 1995, certain results have been achieved and further development is expected. However, it is found from literature review and questionnaire of this study that there are still many improvements to be made. Among numerous problems, “Human negligence” covers most of the cases, which also verifies the perspective discussed in the study that “people” are the keys to fire administration. Therefore, it is deemed in this study that in a super high-rise composite (general super high-rise), the caretaker, fire administrator, mutual fire administrator, professional building administration (security) company and various fire squads be the key persons to promote fire administration. Whether it is the administrational obligation of fire safety or fire rescue, the abovementioned units must link, cooperate and integrate with each other to form a group, so the capability of administrating fire safety of each super high-rise building can be controlled adequately.
From various problems witnessed in this study, the following strategies are drafted to correspond with administration, which is expected to integrate the administrational level of fire safety. Under well mechanism of administration, the capacity of fire prevention can be reflected for reducing fire accidents to minimum:
1. Enhance administrative obligation and command mechanism of fire prevention for composite super high-rise buildings.
2. Establish administrative capability of fire prevention from professional building administration (security) company.
3. Regulate the categorization and identification of construction for super high-rise buildings with different applications and scales.
4. Integrate the capacity of fire prevention, operation in fire field and building’s disaster prevention for unified correspondence.
5. Request the government to promote publication and incentive system for information on administration and examination of fire safety.