Results of analyses conducted on data collected from 313 employees of one University. The results of this research indicate as follows:
Dimensionality of Organizational Politics Perceptions
The responses to the 32-items Perceptions of Organizational Politics Scale (POPS) were subjected to principal components analysis with Varimax rotation. A four-factor solution was found to be most interpretable, with loadings of .50 and above used as an item retention criterion, resulting in a total of 16 items being retained across the four tactical importances. It is comprised four subscales: (1) Supervisor Behavior, (2) General Politics Behavior, (3) Organization Policies and Practices, and (4) Coworker & Clique Behavior.
Relationships between Demographic Variables and Perceptions of Organizational Politics
1. Female’s “Supervisor Behavior” consciousness is stronger than male, and male’s “Coworker & Clique Behavior” consciousness is greater than female.
2. Subordinate’s “Organization Policies and Practices” consciousness is stronger than executives or above.
3. Regular staff members’ “Coworker & Clique Behavior” consciousness is much than non-regular staff members.
4. The University public servants’ “Supervisor Behavior” consciousness is much stronger than instructors.
5. Bachelor’s level of education’s “Organization Policies and Practices” consciousness is greater than Mater’s level of education or above.
Relationships between Perceptions of Organizational Politics and Organizational Commitment
1. Organizational Politics was negatively related absolutely to” Retention Commitment”.
2. Organizational Politics was negatively related partly to “Value Commitment”.
3. Organizational Politics was negatively related t partly to “Effort Commitment”.
Control some Demographic Variables, reported special relationships
1. Reported positively correlations between “Supervisor Behavior” and “Value Commitment” with executives or above.
2. Reported positively correlations between” General Politics Behavior” and ” Effort Commitment” with female employees, subordinates and non-regular staff figures.
Key word: Perceptions of Organizational Politics, Supervisor Behavior, General Politics Behavior, Organization Policies and Practices, Coworker & Clique Behavior, Organizational Commitment, Retention Commitment, Value Commitment, Effort Commitment.