||The Internet makes live convenient for people, but it also accompanies some negative phenomena, such as Internet addiction which cause problems including health, learning, social and so on. In this study, we explore that students use the Internet and stay up late in participant observation and interviews to gather the Internet behavior.|
The Research Questions in this thesis:
1. What are the Internet behaviors students do when they stay up late?
2. What is the scenario when students use the Internet when they stay up late?
3. Is there correlation in Internet addiction, health motivation, fear of isolation and the attitude for the Internet behavior in midnight?
We aggregated the Internet behaviors and divided into six categories, including play online games, community interaction, watch video, view network information, online consumer behavior and reading e-books. The bedtime is related to the need for the Internet behaviors, environment and other people.
In this study, we collected data by questionnaire investigation to characterize the hypothesis. The results show:
• The degree of the Internet Addiction Disorder is negatively related to the health motivation.
• The degree of the Internet Addiction Disorder is positively related to the fear of isolation.
• The degree of the Internet Addiction Disorder is positively related to the attitude when college students stay up late to use the Internet.
• The attitude when college students stay up late to use the Internet is negatively related to the degree of health motivation.
The phenomenon of Internet addiction is growing currently. This study provides the factors and events of the Internet behaviors when students stay up late, and hope to be able to treat Internet addiction agencies some suggestions.