||It’s now during the era that consumers have strict budgets. How companies utilize its own resources to do a good promotion plan to attract consumers, especially for the retailers whose advantage is low cost, and how to make their own promotion plans to be popular within their consumers and gain a lot from the plans is an important issue. The research aims Carrefour checkout coupons as the object of study, analyzing the impact of consumers’ different personal characteristics and cost/benefit perceptions on their coupon redemption behavior. The purposes of the research are as below:|
1. To understand consumers’ viewpoints on Carrefour checkout coupons.
2. To discuss the impact of consumers’ personal characteristics on their coupon redemption rate.
3. To know the impact of consumers’ cost/benefit perceptions on their coupon redemption rate.
4. To study for the diverse promotion product types, the impact of the different consumer characteristic and their cost/benefit perceptions on their coupon redemption rate.
Through this research’s analysis, the conclusions of the research are as below.
1. The interviewees approve the beneficial benefit that Carrefour checkout coupons provide, and they don’t think the time and encumbrances would cause a problem for using Carrefour coupons, especially for the male, the ones under 20 and the ones with more than seven family members at home.
2. As for the interviewees who are younger and have fewer income, their perceived finanacial wellness would be worse, and therefore they are more likely to be comparision shoppers, which is positive to their cost/benefit perceptions and causing a higher coupon redemption rate.
3. The promotion product type does have a modified effect; as for the ones with negative coupon attitude, they would like the promotion product coupon of hedonic type better, and for the ones with positive coupon, they would prefer the promotion product coupon of utilitarian and symbolic types.