|Author's Email Address
||This thesis had been viewed 5346 times. Download 531 times.|
|Type of Document
||The Exploration of the Organizing in Entrepreneurial Space|
|Date of Defense
||This research presents the new idea of entrepreneurial space to describe the space where the social relations and local cultures interact in the organizing process of the entrepreneurial activities. We use narrative inquiry as the method to illustrate the organizing practice of local entrepreneurs’ entrepreneurial activities and generalize two organizing patterns: “Organizing of social relations” and “Local cultural art and craft as the medium of negotiation of meaning”, and finally summarize the characteristics of entrepreneurial space. We sorted out the findings of this research： |
1. The organizing of social relations emphasizes the intertwining of social relations between entrepreneurs and related people in the entrepreneurial related activities. The entrepreneurs play the role of intertwiner to intensify the interaction in entrepreneurial space. And the organizing process presents two kinds of patterns:
(1) From outer to inner join.
(2) The enhancement of inner association.
2. The local cultural art and craft in entrepreneurial space inlay the local sociocultural meanings and serve as the medium of connecting related people in two interactive ways:
(1) Linking the values of people.
(2) The connections between related people, local cultures and entrepreneurial space.
3. The characteristics of entrepreneurial space:
(1) Local: Entrepreneurial space is rooted in the local sociocultural context.
(2) Emergent: The formation of space and the gatherings of related people are not planned in advance.
(3) Dynamic: The gatherings of the related people and resources present the dynamic way and affect the expansion of the entrepreneurial space.
||Daniel Tsai - chair|
Jack, Chihyuan Wang - co-chair
Yu-Chung Liu - advisor
Stephen D. Tsai - advisor
Indicate in-campus at 0 year and off-campus access at 1 year.|
|Date of Submission