The study aims to investigate and analyze the outcome and the process of the public cemetery reconstruction policy executing in the area of Shizi Township, Pintung County. Researching main methods over“the Public Cemetery Reconstruction policy” are either from the related journal reports or to do widely and in-depth interviewing. At first, we have to know the original of the history about the secondary burial culture, then get to know the villagers who belong to the tribe of Paiwan, living in the area of the Shizi Township,Pintung County， about their cognition、attitude and the need toward to the secondary burial、 the current operating condition of the cemetery reconstruction project in the related unit of administration 、 the implementing process of cemetery reconstruction in the Nanshi village and through six standards of the policy assessment expressed by Dunn in 1944,to view the institutions and the implementing process over the policy of the cemetery reconstruction, then to propose some available ways to address difficulties.
My opinions and suggestions about the study of cemetery reconstruction policy are as follows:
I. Viewpoints of the study
1. When it came to the secondary funeral, most are taking it as an unrespectable behavior to the dead, that might not be easy to reform, and if need to reconstruction must take the way step by step in diversities.
2. The budget moving the cemetery to another place was not included in the financial subsides in the year and neglect the financial scarcity in the local government.
3. The standard operating procedure of the licenses’ application is complicated and not congruent.
4. The project about the cemetery reconstruction has its limits. Since if the project was not finished, and it could not be done further more, and completely not to meet the needy in the area of the aboriginal, special in the budget.
5. The household registration authorities act according to the law, that make an important impact on the process of the moving cemetery going smoothly, because the operating need to check the personal data protect act.
6. Vertical and horizontal links between the authorities lack of communication, a lot of inquiries are many and some related authorities have to do the survey simultaneously.
7. Confined by the terrain, the local government took the way with case by case to pass the applications and determine the subsidy, but that have constrained the comprehensive updated process.
8. The alternative solutions designed not by the differences that among those different areas. And for lacking of the incentives, most people are being in low willingness attend this project.
9. For with poor facilities in the place of cremation, the NIMYBY environmental problems which caused by cremation have been emerged for a long time.
10. The preparation of digging the cemetery and the conservation facilities of the soil and water in engineering field, which could not be done in once when finished.
11. Restricted by the patterns of village’s cemetery, to integrated all villiagers’opinions are highly difficult, the policy of a year's subsidy for an area is facing challenges.
12. For the terrain around the tomb, some lie on the hillside, reconstructing the cemetery is not only need to spend much time to do but also consume something special, the difficulties are increasing on undergoing. That should take into consideration for adjusting the amount of subsidy.
13. The secondary burial is Providing the platform to show the family members ‘creative filial peity and a new opportunity for the memorial piety and a new opportunity for the memorial of the dead as well.
14. Xing urn wall located in the hillside is still listed as illegal buildings, the policy of cemetery reconstruction is facing itself legitimacy.
1. Amending relevant laws and regulations in order to solve many restrictions, as well as making a completely integral measures to meet the need that could promote the policy of cemetery reconstruction more flexible、accelerate the process and improve policy performance.
2. To simplify the process of informing to all levels and reduce bureaucratic red tape rounds that could lighten the working pressure on the officer.
3. A proposal to extend the exit mechanism for rural indigenous areas on the problems of the cemetery reaching to marginal point and to lift the budget to speed up comprehensive promoting the cemetery reconstruction policy.
4. To increase the certified staff in order to facilitate sustainable management of the cemetery park.
5. The all cemeteries belonging to the rural indigenous areas nearby the rivers suggest to be prepared for the specific water conservation.
6. Recommending Central Government instruct local governments to Assess the scope of the banned burial too mini tribal cemetery type, in order to facilitate the integration of resources and land conservation.