||After the CPC Corporation, Taiwan(also known as CPC) has started Knowledge Management (also known as KM) program in July 8, 2010 and promoted the KM system into every branch division of CPC. The Project & Construction Division (also known as TPCD) is one of CPC’s branch division, after implanting KM system, all the expected benefits were not significant, such as transforming tacit knowledge into explicit knowledge, reducing training time of new employeer, establishing experiences of not yet been recorded, establishing professional knowledge and knowledge databank of TPCD departments. Therefore, studying on implementation barriers of knowledge management system in CPC, and proposing the solutions are the subjects of this study.|
Through literature review and collect relevant researchs on knowledge management to explore the implementation barriers of knowledge management system, and through in-depth interview of 8 KM experts to confirm the implementation barriers of knowledge management system and the suggested solutions, and then a total of 197 questionnaires of TPCD staff are issued, but only 125 respones are deemed valid. Through the reliability analysis, ANOVA,descriptive statistical analysis etc. the present study concludes with the following findings:
I. Through literature review, the implementation barriers of KM confirmed by the experts can be divided into four facets of Leadership strategies, Organizational culture, Information technology and Incentive system, a total of twenty implementation barriers.
II. This study, through questionnaire survey, has confirmed that the Incentive system is the most serious barrier, Organizational culture the most minor barrier.
III. With this study, the recommended solutions for the implementation barriers of TPCD are:
A. for the Incentive system :
1. Modify the existing incentive system, expanding the scope of incentives.
2. Improve the department heads and senior staff engagement.
3. Full participation to enhance learning and knowledge sharing culture.
B. for the Information technology :
1. Enrich the contents of KM system.
2. Provide a more humane, more friendly KM system.
3. Integrate KM system and intranet of CPC and TPCD.
4. Establish Knowledge Community of TPCD.
C. for the Leadership strategies :
1. Strengthen the training of professional staff.
2. The chiefs of TPCD should participe all the activities of KM.
3. All staff should be aware of the vision and the determination of the director of TPDC.
D. for the Organizational culture :
1. Create a knowledge-sharing and knowledge-using environment in TPCD.
2. Establish a willing-to-communicating and willing-to-sharing atmosphere within the organization.
3. Create an organization cultural of trust and cooperation.