||“Transportation evolves from bicycle to vehicle represents the progression of technology; while the human civilization advances when automobile turn into bike.” The global climate has been changing intensively; therefore, to encourage people taking MRT, bus and bicycle instead of riding motorcycle and driving cars becomes a trend nowadays. Bicycle rental service in Kaohsiung has been provided since 2009 and it’s been combined with the development of bicycle paths which now measures over than 500 kilometers. In addition to the great climatic conditions and the appropriate rental spots, this free of carbon transportation is recommended for commute, fitness, leisure, and in-depth trip. However, this bike rental service is recently encountering an important turning point due to the suspending turnover rate that it has never met.|
The purpose of this research is to realize the relations between service innovation and other aspects from the analysis of “service innovation”, “customer satisfaction” and “turnover rate”. Furthermore, to organize improved policy of innovated service accordingly for advancing the public service as well as accomplishing long tail theory. Total of 300 pieces of questionnaires were filled in, 272 copies were collected; overall response rate is about 90.6%. After screening, there are 258 pieces of valid questionnaires and 14 invalid ones. The effective response rate of the questionnaires is about 94.85%. We explained the influences in-between each aspect and develop new policy of service innovation through 3 analyses: descriptive analysis, reliability and validity analysis, and regression analysis. The conclusion as follows:
1. A positive effect indicates the importance of “service innovation” to “customer satisfaction”. The 4 items of service innovation: interface, position of rental spots, payment methods, and bike function which are mentioned in the research point out the P-value will be 0.000 through regression analysis, which means these 4 items are able to affect customer satisfaction efficiently.
2. A positive effect indicates the importance of “service innovation” to “turnover rate”. After analyzing through regression analysis, it demonstrates the P-value will be 0.000 for the position of rental spots. As a result, to improve the service innovation on rental spots positioning will influence efficiently the turnover rate. (Note: Turnover rate here is explained as the willing to experience again the rental service.)
3. A positive effect indicates the importance of “customer satisfaction” to “turnover rate”. The P-value of regression analysis in-between is 0.000, which obviously expresses the impact between these two aspects.
4. Refer to the analysis of the valid questionnaires to realize the demands from people in different gender, different ages, and in different places in order to adjust properly the service for the purpose of increasing customer satisfaction and turnover rate.
5. Suggested policy of service innovation includes the following 4 aspects: interface, position of rental spots, payment methods, and bike function. Besides, feedbacks from survey responsers are also considered as an additional policy. Specification as below:
I. Interface: graphic interface, touch screen, voice prompt.
II. Rental spots: markets and night markets, institutions.
III. Payment methods: micropayment, online credit card.
IV. Bike function: diverse storage space, night auxiliary.
V. Feedbacks from survey responsers: APP functional expansion, rental spots facilities expansion, friendly cycling environment development.
“Energy efficiency and carbon reduction” is not only a slogan anymore. It is an action that people must do because of encountering climate change. As a conclusion of this research expects the public bicycle rental service to find out its new way, and into the actual action; in addition, expect more people to execute carbon reduction for better living environment for their selves, and for the future.