||With negative news about food safety emerging in an endless stream recently in Taiwan, it is observed that food safety has become a greatly concerned issue during the decade. This has panicked the whole society and drawn consumer’s more atten-tion on food safety when making purchase of food grocery. Under such circumstance, food retailers bear the brunt. In physical channels, consumers are able to tell food safety by directly seeing the product conditions, while through virtual channels it is not available to touch product itself in person so consumers can only make decisions based on own perception of an online store’s overall environment and image instead.|
Golmart – the selected case study company in this research has positioned itself as a food grocery online shopping platform featured with information transparency and food safety which enable consumers to purchase at ease. Through a clear review of Golmart, this research aims at identifying consumers’ perceived risks toward food online shopping and viewing whether the positioning of Golmart can well meet pub-lic’s expectation, thereby concluding a constructive research result.
Based on the above assumptions, the main research objectives are addressed as fol-lows.
1) To study if the positioning of Golmart is workable in the online shopping mar-ket.
2) To examine if the strategy of Golmart is workable in the online shopping market.
3) To understand consumer’s sensitivity and perception on food safety so as to ex-amine the adequacy of Golmart’s positioning.
4) To realize how perceived risks may influence consumer’s purchase intention.
5) To explore how demographic variables relates to consumer’s purchase intention and consumer behavior on Golmart online shopping platform.
In order to edit a proper questionnaire for this research, the positioning and market-ing strategies of Golmart have been well-organized and adopted as research objec-tives.
Questionnaires are issued and collected by means of cooperation with Pollster Technology Marketing Ltd. This research has targeted a group of consumers aged 20 years old up who have shopped online or intend to do online shopping as question-naire participants. Then SPSS is employed to conduct statistical analysis for col-lected data in the questionnaire, thereby understanding consumer’s perceived risks upon food online shopping and realizing consumer’s purchase intention, consumer behavior, and attitudes toward Golmart online shopping platform.
With the support of 424 valid samples as quantitative data being analyzed by SPSS, research results can be concluded as below.
1. The current positioning of Golmart in the online shopping market is workable
2. The current strategy of Golmart in the online shopping market is workable.
3. The positioning of Golmart conforms to modern public’s needs.
4. Consumers with high perceived risks may have higher purchase intention in Golmart.
5. Different demographic variables of consumer may hold different attitudes to-ward purchase intention and consumer behavior on Golmart online shopping platform.