|Author's Email Address
||This thesis had been viewed 5343 times. Download 0 times.|
|Type of Document
||A Study on the Performance of Automobile Company’s Acquisition of Non-life Insurance Company|
|Date of Defense
||merger and acquisition strategy
non-life insurance business
||This study is focused on the performance of the insurance company acquired by the automobile company, aiming to find whether the automobile company could gain greater operational synergy by the acquisition of the insurance company and integrating the group resources in a competitive market.|
Based on merger and acquisition strategy and resource-based theory, this study also combines the method of strategy application and competitive advantage strategy to define the competitive advantages and strategies of the acquired insurance company. This is a qualitative study of the insurance company by analyzing financial data before and after the acquisition and the research purpose is to analyze the secondary data to identify the state of operation and development, key resources, competitive advantages, business strategies and unique capabilities of the case company.
By analyzing the secondary data (Feb. 2017 - Apr. 2018) of the acquired insurance company, the results show that
1. Both income and market share of the insurance company increase.
2. It is effective to promote profit and the value of the company.
3. Upgrade the competitive advantages of the insurance company with the physical assets from the group and affiliated companies.
4. The intangible assets of the group such as great goodwill, perceived quality, brand awareness and loyalty will help the insurance company create more competitive advantages.
5. By combining the key resources of the whole group and unique capabilities of the case company, the business strategies of the insurance company will differentiate from others.
This study will be the bedrock for advanced research on Taiwan property insurance organization operation.
||Hsien-tang Tsai - chair|
Chao-Cheng Chung - co-chair
Cher-Min Fong - advisor
Cher-Hung Tseng - advisor
Indicate in-campus at 5 year and off-campus access at 5 year.|
|Date of Submission