||Due to globalization, organizations are faced with keener competition than before and conglomeration becomes one of the effective ways to remain organizations’ competitiveness advantage.|
Since conglomeration becomes a popular way to maintain organizations’ competitive advantages,
the issue of how to manage, to make the best of, to integrate conglomerate Human Resources get to
be very important. Among them, conglomerate personnel transfer is one of the common HR practices.
Different conglomerates have different transfer policies, purposes, cultures, practices and above
The research aims at transferring policies in conglomerates in Taiwan, especially five
manufacturing conglomerates: Formosa Group, Yuen Foong Yu Group, FarEastern Group,
Uni-President Groups, China-steel Corporation Group, integrating the transfer policies in the
current practice among these five Taiwanese conglomerates, reviewing the literature on the
definition of conglomerate, conglomerate investment mode, transferring-related theories to break
the 5 Taiwanese Conglomerates into 4 transfer groups:
1. Institution Type：Conglomerate Transfer activities become company’s values and employees’ duties
when the concentration level for conglomerate relocation Human Resource policy is high and when the level of employee choice is low.
2. Strategic Type：Conglomerate Transfer activities are the means for organizations to get resources needed to respond to organizational strategies when the concentration level for conglomerate transfer Human Resource policy is high and when the level of employee choice is high.
3. Political Type: Conglomerate Transfer activities are for the purpose of organizational political activities or headquarter-centered interest when the concentration level for conglomerate Transfer Human Resource policy is low and when the level of employee choice is high.
4. Administration Type: Conglomerate Transfer system and strategies are not very comprehensive and intact which is still under developing when the concentration level for conglomerate Transfer Human Resource policy is low and when the level of employee choice is low.
After defining four types of Transfer systems, the research intends to respectively sort out the characteristics into dimensions, describing the process, content and outcome as follows:
1. Concentration level for conglomerate relocation Human Resource policy (the difference of Compensation & Benefits and Conglomerate Intensity)
2. Level of employee choice (tranfer culture and purpose)
3. The process and responsive relocation Compensation & Benefits measure
4. Relocation identity and Repatriation
5. Relocation Status quo, outcome and difficulties from the point of view of companies and employees
The research also provides the insight for conglomerate personnel transfer and analyzes strength and shortcoming for each transfer type from the cases in practice.