|Author's Email Address
||This thesis had been viewed 5357 times. Download 808 times.|
||Master of Business Administration Program in International Business|
|Type of Document
||Explore the Late Comers’ Competitive Advantage and Strategy of Taiwan Video Surveillance Industry from the point of view of Industry Key Success Factors – Example of LC Company|
|Date of Defense
IP Surveillance System
Video Surveillance Industry
Key Success Factor
||When most of big Taiwan High-Tech manufactories got negative impact on their profit during global economic crisis in year 2009, a group of Taiwan High-Tech SMEs from Video Surveillance Industry continues having tremendous growth on its profit. These SMEs use its limited resource to develop unique competitive advantages for the niche market and have successfully created enormous profit, as the result, more and more companies from other industries that are looking for new business choose to enter Video Surveillance Industry and hope to obtain fruitful profit. As the competition of this industry is increased, new comers can obtain the success only if they own more competitiveness than other competitors. Therefore, how to use the limited resource on the proper competitive strategy has become the most priority challenge for Managers; Industry Key Success Factors can help Managers to clarify its company’s advantages and disadvantage and also help Managers to develop its competitive strategies.|
The Industry Key Success Factor of Video Surveillance Industry is confirmed through the analysis of the competitive strategies of Industry Leading Companies, there are as follow:
1. Innovation and R&D capabilities of developing differentiated products;
2. Have Low Cost and High Quality competitive advantages;
3. Analysis ability of Industry Structure and Market Positioning ability;
4. Capability of expanding International Market Channel;
5. Vertical Integrating capability of the Industry;
6. Reserve of Talents planning capability;
7. Building Own Brand, enhance OBM business capability.
The last two Industry Key Success Factors are the new findings in this study, the new findings are found because of two unique factors of Taiwan Industry Environment as follow: 1. Taiwan Human Resource Structure; 2. Taiwan International Market Position. Furthermore, concerning most of the new comers are SMEs that are with limited resource, this study gives further suggestion on the sequence of priority of Key Success Factors, there are as below.
1. Competitiveness that company must have when enter the industry:
- Outstanding Technology development skills and Low Cost and High Quality Products.
2. Competitive advantages must be developed within short time after entering the Industry.
- Capabilities of predominating market channel and vertical Integration.
3. The key factors of maintaining competitiveness in long term.
- OBM business ability and Reserve of talents planning ability
||Min-Chu Yu - chair|
Christina Wang - co-chair
Bih-Shiaw Jaw - advisor
Indicate in-campus at 2 year and off-campus access at 3 year.|
|Date of Submission