|Author's Email Address
||This thesis had been viewed 5567 times. Download 10332 times.|
||Institute of Human Resource Management|
|Type of Document
||The determinants of the use of atypical employment and the effectiveness|
|Date of Defense
determinants of the use
||The determinants of the use of atypical employment |
and the effectiveness
Atypical employment has been popular all over the world. Although there are plenty of articles about the current situation of the use of atypical employment, we still lack the studies about what determines of the use , how atypical employment influences labor costs, and what determines its future growth.
Due to my interests upon the issues above, I made some analysis and got some conclusions:
I. The determinants of the use of atypical employment
1. Contingent workers usually don’t do nuclear work
2. Companies usually don’t use atypical employment on professional jobs.
3. Companies usually use atypical employment when workload increases temporarily.
4. Temporary work is usually clerical and industrial.
5. Organizational size has positive effect upon atypical employment.
6. Labor collective contracts have positive effect upon atypical employment.
7. Companies in business-service industry use more atypical employment.
8. Benefit level has positive effect upon atypical employment.
II. The determinants of cost saving after using atypical employment
1. The lower level of wage and benefits of contingent workers is the main reason to explain why cost saving happens after using atypical employment.
2. The use of professional temporary work has negative effect on cost saving after using atypical employment.
3. Low-skilled temporary work help firms to save labor costs.
4. Atypical employment causes higher mobility among regular workers and it has negative effect on cost saving.
5. Organizational size has positive effect upon cost saving after companies use atypical employment.
6. It is easier for companies of business-service and manufacturing industry to save labor costs after using atypical employment.
III. The determinants of the future growth of atypical employment
1. Atypical employment growth is due to the need to get more employment flexibility and cost control.
2. Professional temporary work will grow significantly in the future.
3. Bad influences of atypical employment have positive effect on its future growth.
4. Collective labor contracts have positive effect on the future growth of atypical employment.
5. Both Taiwanese and foreign companies will increase atypical employment significantly in three years.
6. Organizational size has positive effect on the growth of atypical employment.
||Jin-Feng Uen - chair|
Ying-Jung Yeh - co-chair
Jyh-Jer Ko - advisor
indicate in-campus access immediately and off_campus access in a year|
|Date of Submission